Year 7 Literacy and Numeracy Catch Up
The Literacy and Numeracy catch-up premium fund provides schools with an additional £500 for each Year 7 pupil who did not achieve a least Level 4 in reading and/or maths at the end of Key Stage 2.
There are currently 60 pupils in Year 7 who are eligible for Catch up work in literacy and/ or numeracy across the current cohort of 176: 34.1%. After analysis of any gaps in knowledge/ attainment, interventions are put in place according to individual needs.
Key spending related to the literacy and numeracy catch up premium for 2016-17 include the following:
- Reading Catch Up Programmes (e.g. Toe to Toe).
- Literacy intervention sessions (e.g. 1:1 support for English, Stareway to Spelling).
- Yr7 Everyone Can Read (3 x a week).
- Additional Literacy Yr8 for those not in Numeracy.
- Numeracy intervention programmes: ‘Numeracy Ninjas’, ‘My Maths’ (small group work in KS3 maths lessons).
- Maths TA used for withdrawal sessions during form time.
- Numeracy Intervention: 2×20 minute registration support sessions.
- 2x1hour support sessions during curriculum time for maths for targeted pupils.
- Homework club held three times a week with practical support from the Pupil Premium Coordinator.
To view the Year 7 Catch-Up Premium spending for 2017/18.