Years 7-10 Uniform in September 2018:
- A navy blue jacket with the College logo (supplied by SWI).
- A navy blue v-neck jumper (optional) with College logo (supplied by SWI).
- Grey trousers, classic or slim leg, the width at the bottom no narrower than 16cm.
- Grey skirt – straight or pleated. Skirts should be no shorter than knee length, no longer than mid-calf/shin and should not be fitted.
- Grey tailored shorts are permitted which must in length be no longer than just below the knee or no shorter than in line with the knee (cargo, beach, casual, sport, chino, denim style are not permitted). The College reserves the right to remove this as a school uniform item if this is not consistently followed. It is essential that students who choose to wear tailored shorts are dressed smartly and promote the high uniform presentation and standards.
- Plain white school shirt/blouse (short or long sleeved). A plain white vest top only maybe worn under the blouse/shirt.
- College clip on tie which has the logo and your son/daughter’s appropriate house colour (supplied by SWI).
- Plain black polishable shoes with a flat sole (trainers, pumps, canvas shoes, boots and blacked out trainers are not permitted).
- Plain black or dark grey socks or black/neutral tights.
- No hoodies, track suit tops are allowed.
- All students must carry a school bag large enough to carry an A4 folder; handbags are not permitted.
The following PE kit must be worn when participating in PE lessons:
- PE polo shirt
- navy blue shorts
- navy blue skort
- navy blue football socks
- shin pads
- optional – rugby shirt
- optional – fitted fleece
- navy blue or black tracksuit bottoms
- appropriate footwear for the activity including training shoes suitable for indoor use and a second pair of trainers or boots for outdoor use; pumps are not suitable footwear
- shin pads to be worn when playing competitive games such as football and hockey (by law)
- a gum shield is necessary when playing hockey and rugby
Please ensure that all items of uniform are clearly labelled with the owner’s name. Please note that pupils are not allowed to wear their Cottenham Village College polos or sweatshirts for their PE lessons. All long hair needs to be tied back and stud earrings and watches must be removed for PE lessons.
Almost all items of our uniform are available from our online supplier, Sportswear International, via the school log-in page. You will need to register to create an account: www.swi.co.uk. A guide for parents can be downloaded here.
Order forms for Years 7-10 students in September 2018 can be downloaded here.
Order forms for PE kit for all year groups can be downloaded here.
Delivery: items can be delivered via the school or to your home:
Orders over £70 are sent to home free of charge.
Orders under £70 sent to a home address (or other specified) incur a £4.00 delivery charge.
Orders sent to school are free of charge (for delivery into school orders must be place by 5pm on Fridays for delivery into school on the following Tuesday and collection for parents is Wednesday).
Sample garments are kept in the office for pupils to try on before placing an order. Pupils can try on sample garments during break or lunch time.
Grey Tailored Shorts:
Cargo shorts (with pockets are not acceptable).
Year 11 uniform in September 2018:
Order forms for Year 11 students in September 2018 can be downloaded here.Uniform rules
Click here to view the powerpoint presentation for Year 11 students in September 2018 to help exemplify exactly what we do and do not consider to be appropriate uniform – parents of older pupils in particular may find this useful.
For Year 11 students in September 2018, items of everyday wear are listed below:
- white college polo shirt with logo
- black college sweatshirt with logoblack or grey formal skirt of an appropriate length, not lycra/stretchy material
- black or grey formal trousers, not leggings, jeans or ‘skinny’ style
- plain black flat leather shoes, not boots or ankle boots, without a logo (no trainers or canvas shoes)
Second Hand Uniform
We have a small selection of good quality second hand uniform available. Please speak to Lucy Dumbrell in our student services team or email on firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like more information.
We encourage families to recycle good quality school uniform. If you have any clean unmarked good quality Cottenham Logo used uniform or trouser/skirt garments that you would like to donate, please send in a bag to student services.
Wellington boots/ practical footwear for extreme weather conditions
Pupils may travel to and from school in wellingtons or other practical footwear in extreme weather conditions, but, they should have the correct footwear with them and must change into these once they arrive at school.
Pupils may change footwear for snowy lunchtimes, but they must change back into “uniform” footwear before they leave afternoon registration.
Basic items essential for pupils at the college include:
- pens (blue or black)
- angle measurer (protractor)
- pencils (HB)
- pair of compasses
- notebook for rough work
- coloured pencils
- headphones for ICT
- scientific calculator
Other equipment useful for pupils is listed below:
- pocket dictionary
- pocket bi-lingual dictionary (French or German)
- A4 ringbound art sketchbook
- USB memory stick
- All of these items are available from the library’s stationery shop.
All lost property clothing is kept in Student Services apart from PE lost property which is kept in the PE office.
Pupils are welcome to visit the Student Services and the PE office during break and lunch time to view the lost property items. Items that are named will automatically be returned to the pupils.
A reminder to parents: please ensure that all items are named.
Uniform Survey Results from the survey completed by current Years 7-9 pupils, parents and staff in May 2018: